Akka A to Z
The Architect's Guide To Designing, Building, And Running Reactive Systems
Hugh McKee, Developer Advocate, Lightbend
Oliver White, Chief Storyteller and Product Marketing Lead, Lightbend
About This White Paper
By now, you’ve probably heard of Akka, the JVM toolkit for building scalable, resilient and resource efficient applications in Java or Scala. With 16 open-source and commercial modules in the toolkit, Akka takes developers from actors on a single JVM, all the way out to network partition healing and clusters of servers distributed across fleets of JVMs. But with such a broad range of features, how can Architects and Developers understand Akka from a high-level perspective?
At the end of this white paper, you will better understand Akka “from A to Z”, starting with a tour from the humble actor and finishing all the way at the clustered systems level. Specifically, you will learn about:
- How Akka Actors function, from creating systems to managing supervision and routing
- The way Akka embraces Reactive Streams with Akka Streams and Alpakka
- How to build distributed, clustered systems with Akka, even incorporating clusters within clusters
- How various components of the Akka toolkit provide out-of-the-box solutions for distributed data, distributed persistence, pub-sub, and ES/CQRS
- Which commercial technologies are available for Akka, and how they work, as part of a Lightbend subscription
Grab your copy
Please enter your information to receive your E-book chapter(s) of Akka A to Z and be signed up for the Lightbend Newsletter. Once you've entered your information and submitted the form, the PDF will be emailed to your address.