Audience: Architects and Developers
Technical level: Introductory
By now, you’ve probably heard of Akka, the JVM toolkit for building scalable, resilient and resource efficient applications in Java or Scala. With 16 open-source and commercial modules in the toolkit, Akka takes developers from actors on a single JVM, all the way out to network partition healing and clusters of servers distributed across fleets of JVMs. But with such a broad range of features, how can Architects and Developers understand Akka from a high-level perspective?
At the end of this white paper, you will better understand Akka “from A to Z”, starting with a tour from the humble actor and finishing all the way at the clustered systems level. Specifically, you will learn about:
- How Akka Actors function, from creating systems to managing supervision and routing
- The way Akka embraces Reactive Streams with Akka Streams and Alpakka
- How to build distributed, clustered systems with Akka, even incorporating clusters within clusters
- How various components of the Akka toolkit provide out-of-the-box solutions for distributed data, distributed persistence, pub-sub, and ES/CQRS
- Which commercial technologies are available for Akka, and how they work, as part of a Lightbend subscription
Grab your copy
Please enter your information to receive your E-book chapter(s) of Akka A to Z and be signed up for the Lightbend Newsletter. Once you've entered your information and submitted the form, the PDF will be emailed to your address.