Audience: Architects and Developers
Technical level: Introductory
Today’s digital companies demand real-time insights and immediate action for everything from purchase to fulfillment, recommendation, and more. As a result, many organizations are adopting fast data applications to accelerate the value they extract from data as it flows into the system. With this practical ebook from Lightbend and O’Reilly, you’ll learn the common architectural patterns that form the foundation of successful Fast Data deployments.
In this book, we identify the key characteristics of Fast Data architectures, separate them into functional blocks, and show you how to implement those functions using components like those in the SMACK stack—Spark, Mesos, Akka, Cassandra, and Kafka, as well as others. Architects will learn how to choose, combine, and run SMACK stack technologies to build resilient, scalable, and responsive systems that your company requires. This eBook examines:
- The anatomy of Fast Data applications: the application model, streaming data sources, processing engines, and data sinks
- Functional composition of the SMACK stack and extensions
- The event backbone that connects all the major components of a Fast Data system together
- Compute engines for transforming data into valuable insights
- Storage systems that form the transition between the Fast Data domain and client applications
- Patterns you can use in the data serving layer, including data-driven microservices
- Container orchestration tools in the substrate layer that provide resources to services, frameworks, and applications
Grab your copy
Please enter your information to receive your E-book chapter(s) of Designing Fast Data Application Architectures and be signed up for the Lightbend Newsletter. Once you've entered your information and submitted the form, the PDF will be emailed to your address.