The Evolution of Microservices at Scale
Jonas Bonér, Co-Founder & CTO Lightbend, Inc.
About This EBook
If you want your application to provide millisecond response times and close to 100% uptime, traditional architectures with single SQL databases and thread-per-request models simply cannot compete with microservices. This report discusses strategies and techniques for building scalable and resilient microservices, and helps you work your way through the evolution of a scalable microservices-based system.
When it comes to development speed, time-to-market, and continuous delivery, microservices can do wonders for your organization. Author Jonas Bonér, Founder and CTO of Lightbend and author of Reactive Microservices Architecture (O’Reilly), demonstrates how to refactor a monolithic application step-by-step. You’ll briefly land at single instance microliths (micro monoliths) before working your way toward a scalable and resilient microsystem.
This report will help you:
- Examine the essential traits of an individual reactive microservice
- Understand why monolithic architectures are a problem
- Manage the hard part of microservice design: the space between individual services
- Shift the focus from domain objects to events in domain-driven design
- Make services more efficient, performant, and stable by applying reactive programming techniques
- Make the services work together, collaboratively, as a single reactive system
- Move beyond CRUD towards Event Sourcing/CQRS to scale state in an event-based design
- Leverage fast data in microservices to manage real-time data at scale
Grab your copy
Please enter your information to receive your E-book chapter(s) of Reactive Microsystems and be signed up for the Lightbend Newsletter. Once you've entered your information and submitted the form, the PDF will be emailed to your address.