eBook (Sample Chapters)
Scala in Depth
Joshua D. Suereth
Scala in Depth, by Lightbend technical staff member Josh Suereth, is a unique new book designed to help you integrate Scala effectively into your development process. By presenting the emerging best practices and designs from the Scala community, it guides you through dozens of powerful techniques example by example.
Scala is a powerful JVM language that blends the functional and OO programming models. You'll have no trouble getting introductions to Scala in books or online, but it's hard to find great examples and insights from experienced practitioners. You'll find them in Scala in Depth. There's little heavy-handed theory here—just dozens of crisp, practical techniques for coding in Scala. Written for readers who know Java, Scala, or another OO language.
- Concise, expressive, and readable code style
- Integrate Scala into your existing Java projects
- Scala's 2.8.0 collections API
- How to use actors for concurrent programming
- Mastering the Scala type system Scala's OO features—type member inheritance, multiple inheritance, and composition
- Functional concepts and patterns—immutability, applicative functors, and monads
The free sample PDF available here includes a subset of the book (Chapters 1-2 & 9, 51 pages). All registrants qualify for the Typesafe discount and will save 40% on the full book "Scala in Depth" by referencing promotional code akkawb . If you are interested in purchasing the full book get it here. Offer only valid at manning.com.
Grab your copy
Please enter your information to receive your E-book chapter(s) of Scala in Depth and be signed up for the Lightbend Newsletter. Once you've entered your information and submitted the form, the PDF will be emailed to your address.